Friday, January 26, 2007

Today marks the end of our first "normal" week home together. Matt is back to work, and Lizzy and I are running errands, taking trips to the library, and visiting friends. Her sleep schedule is much better. And after some advice from her doctor to "let her scream sometimes" I am sleeping much better too, and I am a lot less nervous I am doing the wrong thing. She is still trying to crawl and sit-she hasn't master either yet. But we did have our first time away from each other.

Last night Lizzy was left with Aunt Miranda while I did some tutoring. I didn't think it would be that difficult to leave her, but I almost didn't go at all. In that last couple of days my love for her has gone from ordinary to unbelievable. I am sad sometimes when she is asleep, and I contemplate waking her up so we can spend time together. She is funnier than I imagined, and everyday she gets better at the small skills that I take for granted.

Yesterday, for example, we spent some time playing with a pot and a spoon. It was amazing watching her little hands pick up this spoon that is as long as she is. She thought about each movement, and you could tell that she was improving. She still marvels at her hands, and frequently I just catch her staring at them. But, she stares at EVERYTHING-even people.

I cannot even begin to imagine how difficult it will be to go back to work and to be separated from her and to keep everything going here.

I am confident that I will be getting lots of help from at least one person. My mother has been here everyday to see Lizzy, and I am sure that at least one of them is in love.

So...for this week. Lizzy has managed to get some food in her mouth herself, and she LOVES her jump-a-roo. She jumps so much that she shakes the whole toy. We are sure it is going to break soon! The best thing about this toy is her reaction. I think that some drug is in this toy because she absolutely freaks out when she is in it.

No comments: