Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Okay, I have no pictures for this, but I just had to write it on here if only so I can remember it. We only have two nights left in our house which is so happy and so sad. Tonight when I was putting Lizzy to sleep I was thinking about how for years before she came home, and especially after Abby died, the room was ready for a child but no child lived there. I used to come home from school sometimes, sit in the rocker, and dream about the day that there would be a baby in that room. Like all thoughts I have these days, this one didn't last long because my beautiful, fantastic daughter looked me in the face, said "nigh, nigh" and then put her cheek up to my lips and made the "mmmah" sound. She then pointed to her crib (her new sign that she is ready to just go in).
What a change for one little room.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow Jen. Brought me to tears on that one. What a beautiful memory. Thanks for sharing.

Jac said...

That's such a great story! Little Lizzy...

Carrie said...

So precious. Isn't life great?

Unknown said...

too cute,

Ione said...

Sap! Just kidding. I got all emotional and started thinking about how many changes Lizzy's new room will see. She's changed so much in the 15 months she lived there. So much change, yet it feels like just yesterday she came home!

Sara said...

Oh, Jen.....what a great story. Thanks for sharing. :) I am loving staying updated on your spirited little Lizzie. She's beautiful!